The Rainbow Ribbon Ride
Sponsorship and Coloured Ribbons:
This project is entirely self-funded. I invite you to join me! I am devising ways whereby anyone can actively become involved in my journey. Either in person, by joining me for part of the route (see my Route page). Or by making a ‘contribution’ by buying a piece of coloured ribbon (for more details, see my post, Rainbow Ribbon Ride), that would have your name written on it (if you desired) which will be woven into the mane of my mount. This is a way we can actively take you with us, in spirit.
With special gratitude to:
- The Carter family for Pilgrim on Horseback printed T-shirts.
- Centaur Horse Transportation
- Gray Horsebox Manufacturer’s Ltd, Unit 3 Hartley Wood Farm, Oakhanger, Bordon, Hampshire, GU35 9JR
And a special mention of grateful thanks for all the people who have inspired and helped me along the way thus far, in particular:
Route Planning and Advice:
- Sue Rogers for her generosity in sharing her unrivalled knowledge of the Pennine Bridle Way.
- William Reddaway, (Ride Round England), for his advice and counsel in the art of long distance riding and route planning.
- The network of RDA group members who have kindly come forward and offered us shelter as well as helping to find accommodation with others.
- Janet Bradshaw, and her inspirational blog account of her journey with Lottie, Walking With Awen.
- Janet Cochrane, Director of Ride Yorkshire
- Pearl Jeanes, and Annie’s Appeal for a Bell Ride
- Pat Caudel and Anne Allen, who completed their own sponsored ride for RDA from Wellow Trekking Centre, Somerset, to Land’s End, Cornwall, in 2009.
- Richard Dealler, Mary / Michael Pilgrim Route, in sharing the art, nature and poetry of walking pilgrimage.
- Catherine Hoskin, for her patience and her Natural Horsemanship training with Tommy and I, but mainly with me!
- Friends in the horsey world who have offered a stable and a bed, and rooted out friends in other areas to help out.
Any money / sponsorship received directly will help towards our daily expenses on the trail: farrier, insurance, transportation costs, food, accommodation for horse, feed, B&B accommodation etc.
If you think you can help with sponsorship towards our daily expenses, or have any other queries, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you.